Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yes, it is a beautiful city.

I remember now just how beautiful this town is. Sparkling water, blue skies, boats in the harbor, people strolling, green trees everywhere. All of Sweden is amazing, but Stockholm on a day like today is breathtaking.

I spent my time revisiting some old sites and seeing some new ones. I took some AOB related videos and other videos for fun. I did get to walk around Skansen and see Allsång at 8 pm, which was fun. I didn't actually see too much because I wasn't in the front row, but I got to enjoy it anyhow. I wonder how the tv production turned out. It will be fun to watch it later on. The most well-known international guests were Malene Ernman (La Voix) and A Camp with Nina Persson as lead singer.

I also found my favorite candy of all time, Polly. I can't quite explain the taste because I've not found anything else like it. The bag puts it this way, A taste of chocolate, arrack, buttertoffee and vanilla. Its a squishy, chewy chocolate covered something which I love. That's really why I came almost 5,500 miles. I didn't come to see AOB, I came for the Polly. I do love the fact that the Swedes seem to have as big a sweet tooth as I do. Candy everywhere. Love it.


Strawberry Marabou chocolate. I have to get some of this.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you love Polly too? :D Send me your address via email - I'll send you some! They're available all over here.

    I buy them sometimes, but I must admit not too often because I just scarf them all down at once! Too good.

    Have a great trip and concert :)

    ReplyDelete